土曜日, 10月 02, 2004

spider


spider
Originally uploaded by freebeets.

I said ohayo gozaimas to a guy going through my buildings garbage for cans this morning and he gave me a huge smile. Cans arent worth a nickle here, I think you trade them in as aluminum per kilo or whatever. Probably not the best way to support yourself in the most expensive place on earth...
On the train I gave up my seat and said "sumimasen" to an old man and offered him my seat. This wanker companyman weasled his way into it, and it wasnt like he didnt know I was giving my seat up for an old man. He knew it wasnt an open seat on a crowded train. I said "kilitsu" to him (which I hear the Japanese teacher say before class for us to stand up and bow). I found out later that it means stand up straight, and is kind of an old and obscure command and its usually only done when the boss comes into a meeting. He understood though, and stood up. An old lady gave me a smile and a wee bow.
School had a picnic today. Kind of a get to know the teachers deal for the parents. I took a shortcut between two trees not seeing a huge spiderweb... It wrapped around my head as I stepped through it. I pulled it off as fast as possible. It was on my face, in my hair, sticky... When I got it off, one of the kids pointed out the massive spider who thought she'd caught the biggest pest ever. I wish I had something in the picture to show how freaking big the thing was. Its body is was as big as my pinky.
I hung out with Hidemi after the pikunikku and we walked around the waterfront.
Coming home tonight I sat across from a guy who was blinking way too much and then started poppin and doin the wave like it was 1980. I eventually diagnosed him with RP Robot Palsy. He passed this robot wave from one are to the other everytime it hits him. If your going to attract attention midas well make the most of it and dance like it was 1989. I wish my videophone didnt make sound when you turned it on...