火曜日, 9月 21, 2004

missing my robot...

Ive gotten used to quite a few things here, including my little green microwave that helped me recognize my road like a breadcrumb trail. The microwave looked like an abandoned little robot tucked away in the weeds, but it disappeared this week. It kind of made me sad in a weird way. Ill have to befriend a new robot. Theres a blue lantern around the corner...
Ive been blabbing about the absurd costs of things like fruit lately, and a friend asked me "What is cheap there?" I had no idea until today. Mushrooms are way cheap. I realized that I'm eating tonnes of Shitake mushrooms and they're less than a $1 for 150 grams. There you have it-there are cheap things here. I would kill for melon...
Ive been putting together a subway mix for my ipod. Anyone who has "spirit fingers" by four tet, listen to it on a crowded speeding train. Its so "right". Or maybe its just so right here. I dunno, try it and let me know. Email me if you want the playlist, or if you have any suggestions.
Its been 30 C or higher 68 times this year here, a new record. I cant wait for it to cool off. Its so hot and humid you sweat like crazy doing anything, or nothing.
One of my students forgot a note for the after school program today so she couldnt stay. She was so ashamed. She could'nt look at me and she began crying. Im glad kids dont carry tanto knives, or I might have had guts all over the floor.

1 Comments:

Blogger gingerpants said...

whats an exmatt??

7:47 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home