土曜日, 9月 18, 2004

karaoke ghost


karaoke ghost
Originally uploaded by freebeets.

So last night I sang...
It was actually kind of fun in a super awkward way. I had to go after another new employee who should totally be on starsearch or american idol... I sang Rio by Duran Duran. Later on I sang a Sabbath song, and take me home country road... Harajuko is an insane part of Tokyo. There are huge drive-in screens here and there, lights, masses of people. You feel surprised to not see flying cars. It looks like tron.
I keep finding myself stopping on a street corner surrounded by tokyo thinking "holey shit, where am I?"
I caught the last train home last night. You dont know packed until you do this. People push in at every stop. I found myself standing without a thing to hang onto, wedged with my hands at my sides, swaying with everyone else in my boat. You know what kind of conditioner everyone wears, and cant worry whos pressed up against you. Its a struggle to get off at your stop. The crowd thinned out by my station and I watched everyone looking into their phones, messaging or playing games or watching television and wondered what would happen in Japan if the power went out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Matt... what in the name of (insert your God)...although I prefer the God Crom from Conan the Barbarian... is that thing? Is that part of the karaoke machine?

11:36 午後  

コメントを投稿

<< Home