火曜日, 10月 05, 2004

patchinkong


kong
Originally uploaded by freebeets.

I think this is a statue of kong holding patchinko balls. Patchinko is some kind of gambling game where you put small ballbearings into loud, flahing machines and either more or less come out. I think... Theres a bunch of patchinko places in my hood, which I dont think is a good thing. Prostitutes and lots of drinking seem to go hand-n-hand with patchinko. I really have no idea what the game is all about or how its played, but a fieldtrip might be in order for some funky photos...
Its been raining neko and inu here for the last few days. Were talking all day for days now... It was a great excuse to check out the Picasso exhibit at the Tokyo Modern art museum with Hi. We ate Monjayaki afterwards. Monjayaki restaurants have a skillet in the middle of the table and you cook your own food. It comes in a bowl and you mix it up and fry it, then share it with these wee metal spatulai. One of the mixtures we had was cabbage, rice cake, fish roe, cheese, tiny shrimp (shrimpy shrimp?) fish flakes and soup stock. The other one was pretty similar but switcheroo the roe for salmon.
Yes I know... Vegetarian friends will have things to say, and carnivorous friends will have lots of I told you so stuff to say. When in Japan is my reply to all. Lets leave it at that.
It is delicious...