木曜日, 10月 07, 2004

90 degrees

I woke up around midnight last night with the building swaying like crazy. It lasted a good 30 seconds... 5 on the richter I guess. Its a weird feeling...
I had some professional training today in a way swanky part of Yokohama today. It was more of a networking/schmoozing session. I found out the ladder goes pretty high. There's trouble in paradise a brewing at my school too...
The school I visited today had a bunch of older visitors walking around the grounds (playgound doesn't sound right when your talking about schools that cost $36K a year...) They turned out to be former POW's from WWII visiting for the first time since then. The school invited them to have a dialogue with grade school kids about their experiences. How intense is that!?
The principal said that he watched one of the guys walking accross the futbol field weeping and a little kid ran out and reached up and held his hand.
The training was on the PYP program which seems super Montessori and funky and interesting and would jive so fresh with mummifying roosters and all the other weird stuff I like to do in the classroom. Might have to work on the resume.