金曜日, 1月 21, 2005

MC E in the house


rose petal
Originally uploaded by freebeets.

I took my class to see an MC Escher exhibit today at the sogo mall in Yokohama. We walked in when the mall was just opening up. The people who work in all the shops stand around the hallways and greet and bow to all the shoppers, fieldtrippers, and bums who need to pee.
The kids totally dug the art. I dont know how many times I heard "whaaa?" or "how....?", or "impossible!"
Its amazing how well behaved they are. You have to play work release guard on american field trips. Not here-these kids walked around and dug the art. They looked like people looking at art.
I dont think Ill ever teach in the states again. forget 30-40 medicated, unenthusiastic, apathetic kids. The japanese actually respect and appreciate teachers. weird