月曜日, 2月 21, 2005

hoopin aint easy


squaredcircle2
Originally uploaded by freebeets.

Weve been playing dodgeball during recess, and my students are crazy for it. We have guest players like the principal and the secretary and other teachers come down to play. Everyone goes nuts. Weve played it for a half hour every day since December. We came up with a rule that if you make a hoop with your arms and the ball passes through without touching you, your automatically it for the next round. Its called hoopin. Its not easy, and I keep telling them, well kids "hoopin aint easy"
Hidemi took me to a party with her friends. It was fun, but I spent most of the time listening for a few words or phrases that I understood. I go some things but spent most of the night lost. Its good for me though. Hidemi filled me in on what was going on most of the time.
We got a ride to the subway station in a friends car. He had one of those gps/map/tv screens in his car. Its TV when it doesnt need to give you directions immediately, then switches to a computer ground view of the city block and where to point your car. Very tron. Its all touch screen too. It talks and says things like next, make a left (in Japanese of course). It fest like being in a spaceship.