金曜日, 8月 27, 2004

Mr. Hadote


Link

I had another interesting visual on the way to work this morning. Work started a little later today, so the crowd was different. I found myself in a mass of white shirts, and black hair moving up the stairs from the subway. The staircase is about 4 meters wide and every bit of it was full. The rows of stairs looked like waves.
Today I bought a stamp so I can open a bank account. Most banks in Japan dont let you sign, because, well, the Japanese dont sign. They sell the stamps in huge cases like name licence plates at tourist shops. Funny thing is that the bank doesnt really care what stamp you use. The one I randomly chose says Mr. Hadote or something.
This evening was open house/meet the teachers night. I met some of my students which was pretty intereting. They seem like an interesting group so far. They were really shy inside, but chased another teacher and I down the street after the show was over.
I finally got the manual for my cell phone and spent a few hours going over that. I set it to control the television and to wake me in the morning. Its quite amazing.