日曜日, 8月 22, 2004

8-17-04

Ok, a blog...
So im sitting in my wee room early sunday morning. I still havent gotten my sleep schedule adjusted for sleeping in.
My closet is full of vely espensiva crowsa so I have all these racks and stuff in here, making it seem even smaller. I guess I cant be too picky though, it is Japan "land of small stuff". My phone (which this blog will no doubt have pages about) is one of the most amazing small things ever. Im only on page 10 of 450 and Im blown away. Why doesnt america have them? Haven't we contacted the aliens to exchange technology yet? Ive been in Japan for 4 days now and have learned how to use all the buttons on the toilet, where the supermarket is and a few odd words and phrases. The ones I remember best have to do with things I experience or have. I got a big nikibi on my forehead the first day. Stress Im sure...
Im figuring out basic directions here too with my bicycle recons. Its pretty scary going outside on my own without the skills to ask how to get home. Im looking for hansel and gretel clues along the way. The other day it was a green microwave along the walkway to the subway. It fit right in like it was a vegetable. Being lost is really exciting though. Everything is fresh and new. The supermarket is challenging. Is the white powder vegetarian? Sugar, milk? I nod a lot to people. Ive pointed to my mouth and said "nihongo" while shaking my head no. Today Im going to check out some museums in Yokohama. Matane.