月曜日, 8月 23, 2004

roomie

So I took my first bath last night. I'd planned on writing a bit after, but was so tired and spacey... You push a button and a female computer voice says something like "I'm filling the tub now, get ready!" The tubs here are sweet-you sit shoulder deep and the water always stays warm. Like all other devices and appliances here it somehow senses whats in it. It figures out how big you are so it doesnt overflow. The washing machine weighs the amount of clothes in it and the microwave figures out what to do on its own too. All this high tech stuff, and my roomate still has a vcr. Which brings me to....
Im starting to bug about my roomate. She waits on me hand and foot. When I get home from a bike ride or whatever she goes to the kitchen and opens a beer for me, fills a snack bowl or cooks me a meal. I dont feel right being treated like a king. This woman waits on me hand and foot, and I'm not at all interested...
Today was my first day of work so I did the early morning subway thing, navigated the masses and listened to the lost in translation soundtrack. Soffia Coppola really captured the loneliness of overpopulation.