金曜日, 11月 19, 2004

the end


the end
Originally uploaded by freebeets.

I spent a day this week visiting an international school in Yokohama. Talk about money... The resources are amazing- tennis courts, 46,000 book library, video cameras in everyclassroom, sweaters jauntily tied across shoulders a la tennis anyone?
I sat at a cafe later and watched the ferraris and benz go by and people go and buy buy buy. The hood is all stores like louis vuiton, versace, and burberry. Japan is so consumed with consuming. I wonder if anyone notices that everything is cement, covered in soot, and it smells like exhaust.
Sometimes Japan seems like a huge shopping mall from blade runner.
I really want to get out of the city and see some countryside... Hidemi and I are heading to Tochigi or Hakone next weekend. Check out some monkeys and stay in a ryokan. Sliding doors and kimono stlylin.